Friday, October 15, 2010

Poll of all candidates on Twitter

Only 10 days to vote in the Poll on the right, deadline is 8pm October 25th
It only includes the 27 who haven't withdrawn as of Oct 15th and were found on twitter on this date. Granted there are 40 official candidates, only 29 were found on twitter and Sara Thomson and Rocco Rossi have publicly withdrawn, it was past the office cut off date to make it official


A race for Mayor 4th place? @HiMYSYeD and @OddmanicMayorJames Di Fiore I'm waiting for another #voteTO phone Poll without Rocco's name


If #VoteTO support was measured by @klout @oddmanicmayorhas 28K @HiMYSYeD has 41K if @grader James Di Fiore has 85% and Himy Syed 98.9%


So even though my results will only show the results of those who watch twitter or my blog, it is an unbiased poll that wasn't commissioned by any candidate as this election/twitter account doesn't show favoritism (but only concentrates on those not in the #media3 spotlight.

1 comment:

Elwood said...

Hey James,

Sweet blog you've got here. I've been interested in the outcomes of this race for a while, and while doing some research it turns out there's quite a bit of activity going on via social media for this race. The two front-runners (Ford and Smitherman)both have some pretty heavy social media tactics going on.

Anyways since I know you're interested in the race, I thought you might find this article appealing:

Toronto Mayoral Race Web Popularity Poll 2010. Essentially it is about exactly what it sounds like - vis a vis social media.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I've enjoyed yours thus far.

Best Regards,
-E

About Me

My photo
Tweeter and now Blogger, interested in Toronto Transit improvements, Bicycling and following the Mayor Race in Toronto so I can make an informed vote instead of just picking the last name I heard in the mainstream Media I've decided to locate all the mayor platforms be it on Twitter, Facebook, Blogs, or personal websites. I no longer satisfied with someones editorial slant based on a brief interview or second hand information. During the up coming months I will attempt with twitter follow and Re-Tweet their ideas/platforms and leave all their 4square updates, personal adventures, comments and bashing of other candidate out of my twitter stream